Thursday, January 6, 2011

My 50th Post & Starting a New Year

So I started this blog on 9/9/08. Here I am almost two years & four months later posting this post: My 50th Post! Can't believe it has taken me so long. But after looking back through and realizing I went on temporary blogging hiatus way more than once, it's not so surprising that I'm just now reaching 50 posts. I am getting better because it took me 27 months to post my first twenty-five but only 12 months to post the next twenty-five.
Here's to more than 25 posts this year!

I'm excited it is the beginning of a new year. I can't remember the last time I was actually excited for January to come and to make resolutions that I actually care about keeping. Here are some things I'm going to try and do better:
  • Be on time -- We have really struggled this year with being on time to anything so we're both working hard to improve this
  • Keep up on housework instead of letting it pile up and stress me out making me ornery -- Yep a messy house really gets the best of me
  • Stick to a budget -- This is new for us because we've been so blessed not to really have to budget. We kept talking about setting a budget so we could save more but it was all just talk until Monday. We sat down and looked at the last 3 months and made a budget for us.
  • Go to bed no later than 9:00 on "school nights" -- This is a necessity because I get such awful headaches when I'm tired. It's not worth staying up late if I have to deal with the sickening headache the next day so 9:00 will now be my deadline. I'm hoping for earlier than that (yes I realize only kids 10 and younger go to bed before 9) because my days go so much better when I get enough sleep. Wish me luck!
  • Exercise -- My plan is to wake up between 5 and 5:30 each morning to use my treadmill before I get ready for school. (See? One more reason I need to go to bed early.) I'm hoping to do this 3-4 days a week and then build from there.
  • Hold Family Home Evening -- This didn't go so well last semester because Steve worked the graveyard shift every Sunday night and had clinicals every Monday night so we're going to take advantage of his free Monday night and start having FHE again. It's such a sweet time with Michael and we don't want to miss out.
I'm looking forward to this year. Our church now starts at 9 AM which will make our Sundays so much more enjoyable compared to the 1 o'clock schedule we've been on. Two-year-old + Steve's graveyard shifts = Nobody is happy when church is at 1. Steve has more credits this semester plus clinicals but it's more consistent instead of all over the place like last semester. And we're hoping he can switch to day shifts instead of night shifts so we might even get to see each other more than once or twice a week :) Plus the term ends next Friday meaning we're half-way through the school year. Spring is right around the corner bringing birthdays and hopefully a visit to Texas to meet my new nephew and Easter and Spring Break and before we know it, another summer will be here! Can't wait to see what 2011 will bring!

5 comments:

Malerie said...

So does that mean Hil has had her baby yet??? I've been checking for news!

Good job on your resolutions. I think their great! Remember how in high school I went to bed at 9 every 'school night'! I fully support you on that. I am a person who needs my beauty rest so that ornery/ugly doesn't emerge!

Make sure you post about FHE I'd love new ideas on how to entertain a 2 year old!

Amy said...

We're over 10 and we go to bed by 9 more often than I'd like to admit. :) Good goals!

The Halls said...

Good I’m glad you will post more! It just means you have a life though unlike me who posts A LOT because I’m bored.
Those are some great New Years resolutions! The Exercise and the On Time are something I need to do more of as well.
Mike and I are now 1:00 and the sunbeams think its nap time or snack time…
Your Christmas post was awesome, I love your present! Cute pictures too!

Abbie said...

Love the goals ems!!! Especially the first one... haha jk ;) Love ya

todd and erin said...

I think the FHE goal is great! I definitely need to do better on that one. It's an important one!