March was such a fun month! It went by so fast. Here are some highlights:
- Steve's 27th Birthday: We celebrated at Brick Oven where we experienced first-hand being served by the rudest waitress in the world. We also got our favorite desserts at my family's monthly FHE and we went to dinner with Steve's parents one night.
 |
Mmmm pound cake for me, cheesecake for Steve
All topped off with fresh strawberries.
Thanks, Mom! |
- Weekend birthday celebration date: Michael had a sleepover with gramma & pompa giving Steve and I Friday night and all day Saturday to play. We saw Rango with our friends Mike & Nikki on Friday. Saturday we slept in, ate our favorite breakfast at Mimi's cafe, roamed Jake's Archery and Hobby Lobby, saw Just Go With It, and went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Joe Bandidos.
 |
| At the movie theater... cheesy, right? Well at least Nikki & I were. I promise Steve was happy to be there :) |
- Missing 7 days of school: This wasn't all planned but that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable. I was pretty sick so I missed a couple days, then I went to Texas so I missed some more, then all 3 of us got sick so I missed a day, and then Michael got sick at day care so I left school at 11 topping off my missed days for the month. It seems like I've hardly seen my students. I'm sure they've missed me :) if they've even realized I haven't been there...
 |
| Michael loves baths but never gets to take them. Instead he takes showers and plays with his toys in there. When I got the call from his daycare saying he had just had a major accident, (TMI?) I brought him home and he asked for a bath. So for the next hour, he played in the tub. It was so fun to sit with him and play with the water and the toys. I felt bad he was sick but it was such a fun sick day. |
- My 25th Birthday: Can't believe I'm a quarter of a century but it was sure fun to celebrate my birthday week down in Texas!
 |
| Everyone who knows me knows I'm not a huge fan of birthday cake so in Texas we went to Spoonfull for create your own frozen yogurt. It was divine. |
- A trip to Texas to see my little sis: My parents drove my sisters and I down to Texas to visit sister #4 and her husband, and to meet our newest nephew, Benson. It was a party! We went crafting, antiquing, boutiqueing, shopping, did a little decorating and pampering and spent lots of hours visiting and laughing. It was a party!
 |
| Isn't he adorable? |
- St. Patrick's Day: nothing too exciting for this but I have a cute pic of Michael so I had to include it... maybe next year I'll make a green meal or something
 |
| My sister got these little sticker shamrocks for the kids. I asked Michael if he wanted to wear it on his cheek (as I had planned) and he insisted it go on his forehead. What a goof :) So this is how he wore it to school. |
- Weekend getaway to Colorado to visit fam: We decided Friday after school to make a quick trip over to Colorado. While there we were able to fit in a baby shower, shooting, grandpa's birthday lunch & cake, a personal tour of the fire station, late night Wii-ing, hearing grandpa speak in church, a trip to the cemetery, and Sunday dinner with all the Delta family.
 |
| Grandpa Esplin celebrated his 74th birthday while we were there |
 |
| ...and Michael loved his and everyone else's cake and ice cream |
 |
| Then Uncle Bobby took us on ride in the biggest Delta firetruck and on a tour of the station |
 |
| Then after church we visited the cemetery to see the graves of some of Steve's extended family members |
 |
| What a cheeser... literally |
- Birthday party for my niece: Josie turned 5 at the end of the month. Michael got to go to her Princess Tea Party. The girls wore princess dresses and the boys wore whatever costume they wanted :) It was darling!
 |
Buzz & Woody
(James & Michael = best buddies & cousins) |
 |
| The Birthday Princess at her tea party |
 |
| Michael's favorite party favor--candy necklace |
 |
| Happy Birthday Jos! |
 |
After the princess party, we went to McDonald's (per Josie's request) for the family party.
Michael was thrilled at the thought of chicken nuggets and slides at the same place.
McDonalds has become his heaven on earth. |
 |
| (Oh and I captured this picture so one day my nephew can look back and be reminded how he cried at the sound of people singing Happy Birthday every.single.time. and by then hopefully he has grown out of it. Sweet little guy) |
- Finally getting my hair weaved: No picture yet... I'll have to wait until I upload the pictures from this last weekend. But it looks a 1,000 times better than it did. It sucks getting old and having your hair turn darker and darker... but luckily my sis does a beautiful weave and I'm suddenly blonde again :)
- Benihana Birthday dinners: I read a post on a blog about signing up on the Benihana website and then receiving a FREE $30 giftcard to Benihana for the month of your birthday. I love anything that is free so I signed both Steve and myself up. Fortunately for us, our birthdays are the same month meaning we had $60 to spend at Benihana so we went and redeemed.
 |
| Okay... all 3 of us put on the dorky hat but Michael's the only one who looks cute in his picture. So I'll spare you the two of Steve and myself. |
 |
Steve ordered the Filet Mignon, chicken fried rice, and a soda.
I ordered Rocky's special (NY strip steak and teriyaki chicken), chicken fried rice, and a strawberry lemonade. |
 |
| Michael was our free entertainment... ya know aside from the acrobatic-like chefs |
 |
| ...we both got free ice cream and they sang to us with a tambourine |
 |
| and to top it off, they took a Benihana picture of the 3 of us--one to download for free from their website. |
All of this for a grand total of $1.19
Can you believe it?
(Don't worry... we left more than 15% gratuity)
It has definitely been a month of memories.
And now, for April...
4 comments:
wow, what a lot to have going on in just one month!
Carson also takes showers most of the time. I always pictured my little kids taking baths..hmmm.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!!!
I still can't believe you posted that pic....
Looks like you are having a fun Winter! I just have to say I love his Woody git up! Glad you had a fun time in Texas next time I'm going with you. Just an fyi. ;) So glad you post all these fun picys! Hope to see you soon and to take a better pic.
Love the update. Such a fun and eventful month!!! I LOVE that pic of our boys. It makes me smile :) oh and thanks for documenting my crazy boy and his fear of the happy bday song. I promise that he will not believe he was like that when he gets older so its good we both have proof!! Texas was soooo fun and we definitely have to do that one again. And thanks for the reminder about Benihana... I'm headed there right now to sign up for my freebie. Love ya :)
I LOVE the Benihana birthday deal. Seriously, best thing ever. And I also must say that I think your little boy is one of the most adorable I've ever seen.
Glad you had a good birthday month!
Post a Comment