Thursday, April 28, 2011

a few things about tv

May marks the one year anniversary of starting our tv service. And even though I'm dedicating a whole post to tv, I still don't watch a whole lot of it. I record shows and watch them when I have a few minutes and usually while I'm folding laundry. Aaah the life, right? Anyway, a couple thoughts:

I am a sucker for commercials. Seriously. Most people record their shows just so they can fast-forward through commercials. I record my shows too but I love commercials. Most of them are so witty, creative, and funny. Here are some of my favorites:
I LOVE  how he "floofs" his hair at the end :) haha
Gets me every.single.time.

So does this one...

And Steve really likes this one:
The hamster drummer is his favorite part.

We've also finally come to "The Office" party. It only took us like 7 years. But WE LOVE IT! I think Steve Carrell is one of the funniest actors out there. We've been watching it on Netflix and are caught up with everything except this last season (yeah the season whose finale was tonight i think) so Netflix better hurry and get this season on its instant play because we are anxious to see more.

Two other side notes about the office--I love the jingle at the beginning. Steve always wants to fast-forward but I like hearing it. Also, I swear Stanley looks awfully similar to one of the character pictures from my old Guess Who? game. I can't remember who but now when I think of my Guess Who? game, I see Stanley's picture on my game board. 

Oh and '24'... HATE IT. I honestly hate that show and am so mad I even watched the first season. Every single show caused me such anxiety and then I couldn't sleep because it made me so nervous and scared. And darn that Nina Myers! Ugh... everybody built it up and it was a waste to just watch shooting and killing and chasing and deceiving, etc. It was just so dark.

One show I watched recently was The Bachelor. I totally thought Chantel was going to win and was shocked when Brad chose Emily. I figured he wouldn't want the baggage of a 5 year old daughter but I guess I was wrong. I really hope they figure things out and actually get married because I like romantic things like that but I can't blame her one bit for wishing Brad would've saved "certain" things for her. I haven't kept up on it so I don't even know if they're still engaged or not but I really think they have a shot if they can just stay away from the media.

The show I'm currently keeping up with is American Idol. Everyone this season is aMAZing! Really, they're an awesome group. Both Steve and my favorite is Casey. He's so unique and fun. He is really talented. My next favorite is James the rocker. He blows me away every single week. My other faves are Haley, Pia, and Paul. After tonight I feel like maybe they're just getting rid of people who already have promise of getting signed (except Stefano... I'm still shocked he made it as far as he did.) Since Casey is no longer, I really hope James wins. I think he totally deserves it.

A few other shows that I randomly watch are Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and Glee. So funny. In fact, speaking of Glee--there is a waiter down at Red Robin who is a total look-a-like of Puck. My sis brought that to my attention tonight at dinner. :)

And last but not least, one other show that is growing on me is Top Shot. Steve loves this show and I actually like watching it with him. Even though sometimes the guys are jerks to each other, the show is actually really impressive to watch.

Hmmm... are you surprised I still can't decide whether or not tv is worth it?
Me too.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Em,
Love this post..very cute! I have to tell the world, however, that I do not condone the bachelor. Its a horrible show filled with tacky lameness. You're still the love of my life. :)
Love, Steve
PS I'm excited to watch The Office w/ you!

The Halls said...

I like this post, cus I can relate. Your commercial pics are very funny and I love them, but I have to go with Steve on this. "You can get with this or you can get with that." :)
Mike and I are office watchers as well, the last season is great fyi.

I use to HATE the Bachelor, but now I love the stupid drama. It makes me laugh a lot.

Recommendations:
Parenthood!!!!
White Collar
I've heard Fringe, Weeds and Modern family are good, I'm saving them for the summer on Netflix.

The Jones' said...

LOVE the Bachelor! Can't wait for the Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad this summer. :) And I love love LOVE Modern Family! YESS! Love the shows. Love YOU!

Beardall's said...

Hey Em!! We like all the same shows and so do our husbands. We should be friends!!! haha. Awesome post!