So Easter came and went. It seemed like a long time coming because I had to put together the sacrament meeting Easter program and it was a lot more work than I had originally thought. But the program went well. The Spirit was felt and I think it really helped people reflect on the meaning of Easter and the great sacrifice and blessings of our Savior. It was powerful to hear testaments of Jesus Christ through word and song. My favorite part of the program was when the Primary children combined with the choir and they sang of the Savior together. Their sweet innocence helped portray a message of love and faith saying "I know He lives. I will follow faithfully. My heart I give to Him. I know that my Savior loves me." The words of this song are so special. I know Christ loves each and every one of his children and that He knows us individually. I know He loves me and wants me to live righteously so I can return to Him someday. Without ever seeing Him, I can testify that Jesus Christ is real and that He lives. I'm truly grateful to be a member of a gospel with great leaders to guide me in the choices of today. I'm grateful for prayer and for the Spirit who helps me feel that overwhelming love of Christ. The Plan of Salvation is a divine plan and through it we can be eternal families. There is no greater gift!
On a less spiritual note, we had a fabulous Easter filled with candy, egg hunts, a visit from the Easter bunny, great food, and time with family. Our neighborhood just put in a darling park so our ward took advantage of it and put together a ward activity Easter egg hunt for the kids. Michael's cousins were able to come and hunt for eggs too and Aunt Liss & Uncle Tyler came to watch. It was a lot of fun. They hid over 2000 eggs and it only took about 8 minutes for the kids to gather them.Then the hunt ended and out came the bunnies. Steve took Michael to hold a bunny. His cousins didn't join him because they have a knowledgeable mom. I guess I should know that "bunnies give you pink eye." Apparently ignorance is bliss... or stupidity or something like that but because I don't know about rabbit pink eye and am not paranoid (love ya Abs). Anyway, back to the bunny.
Later that day we just hung out and got ready for our joint-family Easter dinner the next day. That night I had this conversation with my son:
Me: Guess what, Michael? Because you've been such a good boy and you're going to be a good boy tonight and stay in your bed, maybe the Easter bunny will bring you a toy or some candy tonight.
Michael: (looking at me like I'm crazy) What bunny?
Me: The Easter bunny... the bunny that hops around and brings kids treats if they're good.
Michael: (still not understanding) So the bunny from the park today is bringing me candy?
Me: Umm no not a little bunny. It's a big, tall bunny that visits people's houses on Easter just like Santa does on Christmas. (Now thinking about a big, tall bunny and thinking it might scare him) He's really nice and funny.
Michael: So did he bring me something?
Me: Not yet. You have to go to sleep and stay in your bed and when you wake up we'll go downstairs to see if he brought you any candy or toys.
Michael: (Squealing very excitedly now at the thought of toys and candy even if they're delivered by some strange bunny) Eeeee okay!
Michael then goes to sleep and Steve and I stay up way too late (like seriously till 230! what a joke) hanging drapes (more on that later), making brownies and pretzel jello salad for Sunday, setting the table and arranging chairs, and vacuuming.
Morning comes and I'm getting ready and talking to Steve when Michael comes walking into our room. He's rubbing his eyes and kind of walking slowly because he's still waking up.
Me: Hi baby did you waked up? (yeah I know it's not grammatically correct but he's still my baby so I get to say whatever I want and I say this every time he wakes from a nap or nighttime)
Michael: Hey! Did that bunny come?
Me & Steve: (dying from laughter) I don't know... let's go see.
That bunny did in fact come and bring all three of us Easter treats.
Hopefully that bunny will make its appearance every year.

1 comment:
I'm so glad THAT BUNNY came to vist! He sure loves his lawn mower that is for sure. "It's already on". I also love your red chair, they are both so cute. What a great family pic, I think it needs another person in it though! Is that to bold? Just sayin.... :)
Post a Comment