I can't believe my sweet little son, my baby boy just turned 4!
Because of him, I became a mother.
He has brightened my life every day for the last 4 years.
I remember seeing him for the first time -- I couldn't believe he was here and that he was mine!
He was my perfect little content baby -- so easy to please and just so handsome.
He loved me to pieces even after being at daycare all day.
Some nights I would spend hours rocking him just so I could hold him close to me even though I knew he slept better in his crib -- and he put up with it because he knew his working mama needed it.
Michael is so smart and surprises me each day with more things he has picked up. He uses words like delectable and interesting and plenty and basically. It cracks me up when he nonchalantly throws in words I know he's only heard once.
He is a boy through and through loving dirt, tractors, superheroes, guns, Legos, bugs, shooting bows, and "shaving" just like daddy. He loves his daddy and always says how they're buddies. He can't wait to be a big daddy. In his eyes, he pretty much gets to do anything he wants and will know everything there is to know when he's a big daddy.
But he also has a sweet tender side to him. He always has special kisses and hugs for each of us and is so thoughtful. And he will still snuggle me in bed in the mornings and let me hold his hand sometimes. :)
He is so anxious to go to the temple and get married... to his mommy of course... and warmed my heart when he said he always wants to live with us at our house even after he is married.
We'll see how we all feel about that in 20 years.
Michael loves primary (woo hoo! success!) and always reminds us to read scriptures and say prayer before bed. He blesses each one of us along with his tractor and trailer and he blesses Jesus and Heavenly Father along with President Monson and the missionaries. He can't wait to be a missionary and a "big daddy".
He adores his baby sister and is watchful for "pukers" and is quick to give her a binky when she cries.
He can make her laugh and smile like no one else and talks in a darling (yet at times irritating) high-pitched baby voice. The other day he said, "Hi princess! How's my princess?" :)
She's a lucky little girl to have such a great big brother.
He's quite the character too always making funny faces or giving silly looks and talking in goofy ways.
He's still a master negotiator. The other day he really wanted to open a pack of new gel pens I bought for Steve at Costco. He said, "Okay, mom, as you know there are tons of pens and if I take one, there will still be tons." He's also giving me a taste of my own medicine when it comes to memory. He'll bring things up I hope he's forgotten and holds us to them. He definitely doesn't let us break our promises --especially when I promise him a dollar if he'll just pee in the pool.
Yep, I'm THAT mom.
I'm so grateful to be this little boy's mommy!
I love you Pook!
Michael was so excited to have a Superhero party.
![]() |
We had a kid party where they each dressed up as superheroes. They painted Batmobiles and then made their own Superhero masks. After we tested their Superhero strength by breaking boards (styrofoam meat trays). For dinner we had "Hero" sandwiches, "CRUNCH" chips, and "POP" along with some salads and fruit. After we had superhero-ring cupcakes and superhero ice cream. We finished the night with a few fireworks and then each kid got a goody bag with a glow stick, a superhero tattoo, ring, and thumb-war guy, along with a super-strength water gun, and a Kryptonite rock candy stick.
| Painting Batmobiles |
| Emry & Eloise in their Superhero attire |
| My little Batman |
| Super Eloise |
| Showing off their projects |
| Demonstrating superhero strength by breaking the boards |
| What was left after dinner. I wish I would've remembered to take a picture at the beginning :( |
| My sweaty little boy could hardly even stop playing to blow out his candles |
He sure got spoiled with so many fun gifts. We're lucky to have such great family support. You know it's love when they come sit outside for hours in extreme heat for a 4 year old's superhero party.
Happy Birthday to our Michael!

No comments:
Post a Comment