Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

I sure love my darling hubby and kids.
Steve has been such a great daddy from day one.
He was insistent that I was pregnant with Michael way before we actually knew.
He even skipped class that early November morning to go buy pregnancy tests (and Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast croissants) and made me take one even though I was terrified.
From the moment I saw Steve's reaction to that blue word "Pregnant"
I knew he was going to be a good daddy.
I'm so grateful for the father he is to our children.
They both adore him!




After church on Father's Day we came home to give Steve his presents: new scrubs, cologne, Wingers sauce, and a new wallet (since he accidentally left his old one in his pants and I accidentally washed it. Oops!) 
We had celebrated Father's day for Steve's dad the day before so since I knew I was fixing a big dinner for Steve, I invited my parents and Lexy out so my mom could have a break from always having to fix Sunday dinner.
This was the first time I prepared an entire Sunday dinner for guests all by myself (well except for Steve grilling the chicken) and having no contributions.
I fixed a green salad, grilled marinated chicken, red potatoes, deviled eggs, pretzel jello, and chocolate cake for dessert. 
Luckily, all the food turned out great.
It was nice to relax and visit and honor the fathers in my life.
(No pictures of dinner... I guess we were too busy relaxing and eating.)

I'm pretty blessed to have such a wonderful dad. My dad and I are a lot alike and I'm so glad for that. I love that we're close and that we think, do, and say a lot of the same things. Poppy has always been such a great support in my life and I'm so glad he loves my husband and my kids. I'm so grateful for him.

And to top off the Father's day post, here's a pic of our little Loi girl.
This is Eloise after church on Father's day.
She's wearing a dress and little purple shoes that were mine as a baby... in fact this was my mom's favorite dress I wore.
Here she is just chillin' in her high chair.


Eloise -- 12 weeks

No comments: