Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sweet Moments

Maybe it's the new baby...
maybe it's because I'm getting older...
but lately I find myself just stopping to enjoy the moment a lot more. 
I'm still rushed.
I'm still stressed.
And I still have a very constant and ever-growing To Do list.

But I'm realizing more that it's okay to slow down and savor what is happening now.

I tend to think after this day/week/month/semester/summer/year, things will be easier and life will slow down.
However, in the space between this thought, I think to myself how that probably will never be true.
Life will always be fast-paced and I'll always feel like I have a million things to do.

So I've tried to let the laundry go a little longer just so I can hold my baby while she sleeps.
I've neglected sweeping the floor for just one more day so that I can sit with Michael and watch him paint.
I take the extra second to stop and snap a picture instead of rushing onto the next thing.
I let my errands take the back burner so I can spend time with my family.

I know I still forget to appreciate the now quite often but hopefully with more practice, I can focus less on what I think I need to get done and more on cherishing what is most important.
Life is just too short!

Lucky for me I have a sweet husband who is a good example to me of taking time to color a picture or play puzzles instead of study, mow the lawn, or clean something.

It's the little things that matter most.
Time spent with my kids will matter more to them when they're grown than knowing they had a clean house growing up.
Please, Heavenly Father, help me remember this.

Michael wanted so bad to paint his little hippo He could hardly contain his excitement when I finally said yes.
Loving her nestled into me, holding my finger way too much to lay her down in her bed.
A super hero picture for Michael.
Sweet, little princess crossing her feet while she sleeps.
Fallen asleep with his two favorite friends.
Another naptime spent in my arms. And although I don't get anything done, I just can't bear moving her.
I know they grow out of this all too fast.
We took lots of time scooping this out of the water just because Michael wanted to see the "berry pretty flower"
So content keeping her close to me

1 comment:

The Halls said...

Lots of posts, I love it! I think the same way maybe all women do. "After this day/week/month life will slow down" Your right I don't think ever will. All of these pics are so cute and hey you used my blanket. After all of the amazing ones you got I was like yup mine is lame, but I'm glad to see it has been used!

The pictures of her next to the doll are neat. What a great idea you can really see her grow especially that 4 to 6 weeks.

Oh yes and Happy Anni, Anniversary twinner!