Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summer--Part 3: Parties

I'm going to play catch up this week because I'm too OCD not to publish all these posts I started. Bear with me...

The summer was full of parties and partying...

First up: a baby shower for my sis-in-law. I joined in with the fam to help throw a shower. I was in charge of decorations.



My first attempt at a diaper cake





Next up: Michael's 2nd Birthday. We celebrated with cupcakes at the city pool with Michael's cousins. That evening we celebrated again with a Birthday party complete with snow cones, cupcakes, and fireworks.
Beach and shark cupcakes


He's already 2! I can't believe it!









When I try to get Michael to smile big I say "Show me your teeth." He responds by pointing to his teeth. Love this boy!
Two sparklers for Two years

Sharing a snowcone with Pops.


Michael loves his new little cousin. He's going to be a great big brother someday.




The 5 grandkids watching fireworks. (This was back in June so baby Hannah wasn't here yet.)



Happy 2nd Birthday, Michael. You are our greatest joy!

Next party: My sisters and I planned a surprise party for my mom's 50th Birthday. It was nervewracking to plan it secretly because my mom is a hard person to surprise. I think it was a great success.






Can't figure out how to turn this...

Pool partying: We had summer pool passes to the city pool so Michael and I could have a cheap place to play in the heat and with cousins. We went one last time with Daddy before school started.



Michael LOVES LOVES LOVES slides. He couldn't get enough of them at the pool.







Can't believe summer ended so long ago...

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Ems you are a party ANIMAL!!! haha jk. but you can throw one mean party. Love all your decorations and stuff from each one but I do have to say those beach cupcakes were by far my fav. :) Keep the posts a'comin. Loving it. Love you. Bye.

Amy said...

Man that's a fun summer! :D I love that he wears his backward baseball hat while he goes down the slide. So adorable. :)

Malerie said...

I can't believe he is now closer to 2 1/2! So crazy.

I think the diaper cake was so cute, and I LOVE the clothes line. I've never seen that before with actual outfits. Super cute.

Chris and Hil said...

Yahoo mims!!! You're so crafty! :D Keep the posts coming. "I love eet!" Can't wait for school/fall/halloween pictures. We miss you guys! Luv ya!

The Halls said...

Cute Pictures! Cute Post! The parties look so fun! Great job on the decorations. Your pictures make me miss summer and now I really want a cup cake :)

Kim said...

So cute! I love the beach cupcakes! Gosh, since you've got so much practice throwing parties, you should change your career to event planner. I'll hire you :)

Unknown said...

cute post, you need to update it again!!!
love ya see ya