Friday, February 26, 2010

Thoughts on Friday

Well I'm bored. I know I could be planning out my lesson on informational text for Monday and Tuesday but why would I do that when I have a prep period Monday morning? I'll probably succumb soon but seeing as I have an entire day in the writing lab, I'll get around to it. For now, my brain is heavy with thoughts. Maybe it will help me sort if I type them out.... continue reading if you'd like but just know this is pretty much for me.

*Steve's birthday is coming up... Monday! I tried to plan something for Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday and he won't have it. He's too busy studying for a huge test he has to take by Monday night so he doesn't want any distractions until after he's taken the test. What a happy birthday! I don't know what to get him either. We've talked about an iPod touch but it's more than we think we should spend. Hmmm...

*We have to do the musical number in sacrament meeting on Sunday. We're singing a rendition of If the Savior Stood Beside Me. It's really pretty but I'm not sure when we'll fit in actually practicing with our accompanist. Probably right before church since we seem to always cram things in at the last minute.

*I miss Michael. Last time I saw him was Wednesday night when I put him to bed. Yesterday Steve took him to the sitter and then because I had Parent-Teacher conferences from 330-830 and he had class till 9 my mom kept him overnight so he wouldn't have to stay up late and not get home until around 10. Then today my sister is watching him while I'm at school and I won't see him until I pick him up around 330. :(  He's probably doing great and loving playing with the cousins but I sure miss him. I can't wait for 330!!

*We're debating whether to go to Vegas next week with my parents. I have Thursday and Friday off and if Steve misses his classes Thursday we could go down and have a fun get-away. But... I'm cheap and don't know if we should spend the money.

*I really want a clean house but I don't want to be the one to go clean it all. But I really should so this weekend my goal is to: scrub the bathrooms, wash sheets, vacuum and dust our room and downstairs, hang some pictures, mop the kitchen, clean out kitchen cupboards, and do a couple batches of laundry.... Wow who am I kidding? I'll probably only get a few of those things done.

*I'm eating little Reeses peanut butter eggs right now given to me by a student and they're delicious. Who knew? I love the shaped holiday Reeses (eggs, trees, pumpkins, etc) but these miniature eggs are like a little bite of goodness. Mmmm I think I'll add that to my shopping list. -- Oh and I just remembered when we lived in Alaska our cute little niece would always call them "Ree-sees." She really thought that's how you say it. What a cutie!

*I have to take a state test for teaching. It's the 2nd test of 2 that I have to take to have my license. I still have almost a year and a half to take it but I think I'm just gonna take it in April and be done with it. It costs $140 though. I can't believe it's so expensive but at least this will be the last state test I'll ever have to take!!

*I truly love being a teacher. All of these kids make me smile. They're just so funny and... real. I love that I have real relationships with each of them and they respect me. I think it's funny that I can get them to do things that not very many people can. Hopefully they're learning things along the way.

Okay well I'm out... I'm too distracted to remember anything else.

If you're still reading this... hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Chris and Hil said...

"I think it's funny that I can get them to do things that not very many people can." This is called manipulation. Something you have always been good at . . . (flash back)
Mom: "Ems I'm leaving make sure Hil folds the laundry and you are to unload the dishwasher before I get back."

Hil (spoken to Emily): "I'm done folding the basket of laundry. Can I play?"

Ems: "Mom said to tell you to unload the dishwasher."

Hil promptly obeys so she can go play.

LOL j/k mims love you!

Esplins said...

Howie you're so full of it! I can't remember when you ever "promptly obeyed" anything regardless of who it came from. But thanks for making me sound bad :) All I was meaning is parents can't get their kids to set their phones down and do anything for more than 10 seconds, but I can make them read/write/learn with no phones or ipods or anything for over an hour every other day. I guess I'm just saying I'm glad they respect me. Thanks for the huge comment though. :)