Last week, while supposedly "prepping" on my prep period, I was being sucked into the world of blogging for the 736,825 time. It's called stalking, right? But I don't consider myself a stalker because most of the blogs I read, I find once and never find again. Anyway, I found myself on some blog about someone's life who mentioned a "Pray for Bronson" something or other. I'm usually not interested in things like that (wow am I cold-hearted or what?) but this time was different. For one reason or another, I was curious. I clicked the link only to find myself 45 minutes later, wiping tears from my sobbing face. Yes, minute after minute, I found myself scrolling up (I was reading the posts backwards which actually was putting them in order of events) intrigued with this real-life story. I cried for their pain and their joy. What a great story defining the power of faith and prayer, fasting, and holding and using the priesthood. This family mourned together for the pain of their son and brother. I cried as I read the events. Line by line she explains in detail the traumatic life-changing experience. How tragic for a little boy, a sweet mother, caring brothers, a strong dad, and anyone else who knew this family. While I read, all I could think was how precious life is and how I, too often, take it for granted. I couldn't help but think of how at that moment, Michael was on his way to the babysitter and I was sitting in an empty classroom alone and helpless. My baby is out there in the big, scary world alone without his mommy holding his hand today. Sounds extreme; my emotions were obviously at a high. But my heart was wrenching not only for their family but for the possibilities life can bring. Selfishly, I ached to hold Michael tight in my arms and never let go. Of course I want him to grow and learn. I want him to experience and find adventure in life. I want him to learn from mistakes and become a strength to the people around him. But... I want to protect him. Sometimes it's hard to accept there is only so much we can do as parents and the rest is in the Lord's hands and in a person's agency. I know the Lord has a plan for each of us. We don't always choose what life brings but I know that there is purpose behind the experiences we live. I can't imagine enduring through what this family dealt with but I'm strengthened by their faith and commitment to the gospel. Families ARE Forever and I'm grateful for my knowledge of it. It brings me comfort to know that we are sealed as a family and we will be together for eternity regardless of what we're put through here on Earth.
If you're up for an emotional rollercoaster you can visit their blog and read the story here.
You'll have to go back to February 1 to read the story from the beginning.
2 comments:
I tried to find it, but I couldn't. Could you email me the link?
Wow sorry didn't see the orange HERE! duh! Wow that was very touching! I'm not a mom... yet, but it was still tugging at my heart strings. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment