I just sent the email informing Michael's day care that he will stop coming the end of March and that I won't be registering him for another school year! I never realized how much this would mean to me until I hit SEND and read the copy sent to my email.
This is for real, people!
In just a few weeks our day care experience will be over with. It makes me want to cry thinking about it. Michael has gone to sitters or to day care each school year since he was 6 weeks old. We've been so blessed to have family who helped us out along the way putting off an actual day care until he was 2. And we've been blessed that he has been at a safe, functional place since then.
But wow it feels good knowing that very soon he gets to stay home. Every day will feel like Saturday to him where he can stay in jammies and play with toys or watch a show. Where we'll eat breakfast together at our own house instead of him eating a fruit snack on the way out the door and eating breakfast at day care on the "metal" plate.
(Michael gets to eat on a metal plate instead of a plastic one I guess because it has dividers and they realized he eats better when his food is separated and not touching. Oops... I guess he gets the "no mixing" thing from me.)
He won't be with his friends but he'll be with his mom and his sister which will hopefully prove to be just as fun. He'll get nap time at home in his bed instead of on a cot in a classroom.
And for once he won't be bringing home germs from school every day which will hopefully mean that he won't get sick as often.
I'm usually not one for change. I think I get it from my dad but I like things the way I'm used to and I strongly believe in the mentality "if it's not broken, don't fix it.". BUT, I'm so excited about all of the changes coming our way in the next few weeks and months. And today my day was made because stopping day care was one change that hadn't yet occurred to me.
Until now...
Hooray for Change!
![]() |
| So excited to stay home with this kid :) |

5 comments:
Best side-effect of baby-having EVER! Congratulations to all of you. :D
Emily, I am SO excited for you!!! I know the feeling and I know you've wanted it as bad as I did, so congrats!!!
If I had a dime for ever time I've heard that famous Dad saying. "If it's not broken, don't fix it."
Michael sure is growing up that is just crazy he is starting school in the fall! What a wonderful change.
I worry about the whole germ thing with nursery right around the corner and how parents will send there kids places sick...
hooray! Oh your days will be so fun. Full of frustrations, very busy, and with the best moments a mother can have! I'm looking forward to many stories and updates!
YAY! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you! I went back to work after having Keira and I was sooo happy when I got to finally stay home with her! :) It is the greatest!!!
Post a Comment