We have already had such a fun summer break. I forget how much I enjoy being home and having time to do whatever I want... and even things I don't particularly want, like laundry. During the school year I never feel like I have time for anything. Steve has a really busy school/work/clinical schedule so we really love the time he is around to play with us. But most the time it's just me and Michael hanging out. Here are a few highlights from the first few weeks of summer break:
*time at the cabin & going to Kamas yard sales (more on the yard sale treasures later)
*swimming at the pool
*going on walks & playing at the park
* watering the front flowers every.single.night
*wearing underwear--the Tuesday after school got out I put Michael in underwear and he's done awesome! Huge check mark off my summer list of things to do!
*Aunt Lexy's 16th birthday party
*Our niece, Alyse's 1st birthday
*playing with cousins in Nan & Poppy's basement
This weekend hasn't been much fun though because Michael has been so sick. I took him in to the doc with a fever and white spots on his throat thinking he had strep. Nope... hand, foot, and mouth. Apparently it's going around like crazy right now and he probably picked it up at church or the pool. This poor little guy has been miserable the last 2 days. I had heard of this but didn't know anything about it. He has tiny ulcers on his throat along with little cuts all over his tongue and throat. It makes me so sad. It's super contagious and they can be exposed to it and it may not actually affect them for up to a week so at this point I have no idea when he actually got it. Michael has never whined and cried this much...ever. Needless to say, it has been a tiresome couple of days. But on the good side, both Michael and I have memorized Tangled & Despicable Me!
Next on our Summer agenda:
Michael's Birthday

1 comment:
That picture of him sick makes me so sad for him, no signs from Pey. I hope he is over it by next week! Happy Birthday to Michael! I love your invite, I might be stealing the idea in 6mo.
The picture of him and the girl at the table with Steve behind them is my favorite. They look like they are in deep discussion! I love this kid he is so funny and is so mature for his age!
See you next week EM!
Post a Comment