We flew to California the last day of school to start our summer off. I was so excited to get the heck out of town and have a relaxing vacation. Michael did great on the plane. We arrived in Cali where my parents and little sis were waiting for us. They had driven down earlier that day and were so kind to be our vacation buddies (and transportation). It was fun for us to experience Disneyland with Michael and to enjoy our trip with family.
 |
| This is how Michael travels... or rolls. |
 |
| On the airplane... we sang Barney's airplane song about a million times |
 |
| I found these silly Mickey Mouse glasses at Walmart for $5 before we left Utah and they were a huge hit. Everyone kept asking me which Disneyland store had them. |
 |
| Love this picture! Poppy loves Disneyland and now Michael loves Disneyland. |
 |
| He loved riding the "huffies." He used to say "Gill-id-ee-up Huffies!" for Giddyup Horsy! |
 |
| The Happiest Place on Earth... truly. It's really hard not to be happy at Disneyland. There is so much to enjoy! The pure delight of even just people-watching is worth it. I've loved Disneyland since I was a little girl. It was so fun to share all the fun memories with my hubby (who is slowly learning to appreciate the fun of long lines, expensive food, and sweaty characters who freely hug you) and my cute, little boy (who always shares my excitement over anything new). |
 |
| Waiting in line... I think for Peter Pan |
 |
| Sitting in Mr. Toad's car. This was my favorite ride as a little girl. I thought I was such a good driver because I could weave myself through it all even when the explosion goes off and it's hard to see :) |
 |
| Blessed Small World -- Hearing that song play over and over and over is worth the air-conditioned ride |
 |
| A Disneyland Corndog on Main Street -- if you have never had one of these, you really need to. They are worth the park entrance cost, in and of itself. |
 |
| Nanny spoiled Michael with this lit up sword. Michael was in heaven, especially when it got dark. He kept running up to people and pointing it at them. We thought it was hilarious... some other people* didn't. |
 |
| *See person behind Michael and then read the caption above |
 |
| Fireworks! Michael loved loved loved the fireworks. He went nuts. Disneyland fireworks sparked a lasting obsession for Michael. This is why we celebrated his birthday with a firework party. (Watch for a later post if I ever create one.) He calls them "Fy-yuh-wouks." Michael remembered how the fireworks shot up above the castle, so now every time he sees a picture of the temple or something similar to a castle, he says "Look Mom Fy-yuh-wouks!" |
 |
| Daddy had a little fun with the sword too, while carrying the Tinkerbell bag. What a good sport! |
 |
| Buzz Lightyear ride. Michael wasn't very impressed. |
 |
| Looking at the ducks at California Adventure |
 |
| Watching the parade--I love how they have the same look on their faces. Like father, like son. |
 |
| Michael loves water. He never minds getting wet. We spent lots of time just letting him play with the shooting streams of water. It was a good thing I had brought a jogging suit to throw on in case it got cold that night because he was drenched. |
 |
| Tower of Terror |
 |
Our family tile? Not a tile but I can't think of what it's called... Stone, maybe?
(This is what a long day of work does to me.) |
 |
| Walking to Disneyland with our hotel in the background |
 |
| Michael loved driving the Autopia cars. He hated the long line getting there but apparently it was worth it. |
 |
| Michael's 1st Rollercoaster Ride Toon Town, Disneyland |
 |
| Meeting Mickey Mouse |
 |
| Playing with the dishwasher in Minnie's house |
 |
| And the piano too |
 |
| Leaving Toon Town |
I remember visiting Toon Town once or twice when I was little. My parents always said Toon Town was a waste of time so I never went back. Steve and I decided to take Michael to make sure we didn't miss anything and he LOVED it!! It was a definite highlight of the trip. With the characters and rides all around, who wouldn't be in heaven? However the thing he loved the most was the play area with the slides. Yep, a simple slide, just like ones at a park, was his favorite attraction . He was so upset... so yes, I stopped to capture the Kodak moment.
 |
| Getting ready for the beach: Michael loved the goggles until we made him hold still to take a picture. He looks a little bug-eyed. |
 |
| We spent a few hours one morning at the beach. Despite the fact that we chose a freezing, overcast day, it was fun to play in the sand and the waves. |
 |
| One morning we arrived at Disneyland and stopped to take a picture. Then all these tourists came up and wanted to take a picture with Michael. Flattering, right? That they want to take a picture with your blond hair, blue-eyed American boy? After about 12 pictures we had all had enough. (And don't worry... I clorox-wiped Michael and the stroller down afterward...gross) I love how nothing we did could get Michael to look at the crazy Asian tourists with cameras. |
 |
| Disneyland June 2010 |
 |
| Swimming at the Hotel |
On day 5 of our trip, Steve had to fly back home for school so Michael and I vacationed solo...well solo all except for Poppy, Nanny, Lexy, and Gabby :) We enjoyed our last couple days in California and then drove to Vegas for one last night away.
 |
| Michael being silly |
 |
| Poppy being silly... My dad would die if he knew I posted this but I wanted to show off why I have such a fun dad. He's such a good sport. Not only did he put the Mad Hatter hat on, he stood there and SMILED while I took a picture. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Thanks Pops! |
 |
| Teacups |
 |
| Relaxing in the Tiki Room |
 |
| Michael on stage before the Billy Hill show--this was right before he dumped chocolate milk all down my legs. Thanks, son. :) |
 |
| Riding Space Mountain with Lexy and Gabby |
 |
| I think the only pic I got of just Lex and I :( |
 |
| Michael got chosen to play musical chairs with a group of volunteers which means I had to run, skip, hop around while carrying Michael. Worth the picture. |
 |
| Michael watching Barney in the car |
 |
| Swimming at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Vegas. So fun to swim next to an aquarium with sharks and fish in it but irritating to be around drunk, trashy, skanky people. |
 |
| Outside our hotel. The last time we were here, Michael was in his infant carseat hooked onto the stroller. But I have a picture of us in the same spot. |
 |
| Visiting the Coke Factory |
 |
| ...and the M&M Factory |
I love traveling! Going back through these pictures really make me miss being away from home. I love getting away even if it's only overnight. Can't wait to take another trip and to go back to Disneyland again. Hopefully sometime soon...
6 comments:
Man! What a blast. :) These are fantastic pictures - I love looking at how happy you 3 are.
Those are all way cute pictures!! I love sun glasses on him. You have a very cute family! I must say I am very jealous, Disneyland is the best! That is way cool you guys have stone there! I can’t believe people would ask you to take pictures with Michael, that’s just crazy to me. I’m glad you posted this! Keep them coming!
Ps. I wanted to tell you and I should probably just email you, but i'll forget... I have ponies! I saw that picture of him and you should totally bring him over to ride while there isn't snow on the ground. Then we'll go to lunch after or something.
Thanks for the update! Michael is getting so big. We just got back from Disneyland last week and it was a total BLAST!!! We're already talking about our next trip there, I'll have to get it posted to the blog soon. Hope work is going well for you!
Aw I love this post. I also love your Sun hat! Wear did you get it? So you drove home then? How fun for your fam! Disneyland with you All is way fun! One of my favorite trips!
SOOOOO wanting to go to Disney right now. I want a corndog, and to see the fi-yu-wurks, and to go on splash and the matternhorn and see the parades and go swimming. We are totally going with you next time. What a fun time we missed!!
Post a Comment