Sunday, May 2, 2010

3 Years

I never knew I would be this happy.

I had a good idea of what I wanted and what I hoped for.

I knew I loved Steve before we got married and I knew we'd have a happy marriage but things turned out way better than expected. I've never known such happiness!

I can't believe it's been three years almost as much as I can't believe it's only been three years.

I can't even picture life without him. It doesn't make sense. I don't really like thinking about my life before I knew him; it's not near as fun as thinking about life together now.
The past 3 years have been complete and utter happiness. Pure bliss even. I'm grateful I chose him, but I'm more grateful he chose me. I can't wait for the next 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, and even 30 years with him. I love that I get to love him for eternity.

Marriage is priceless.

Steve--the one who:

* caught my eye that day in public speaking... he sat on the front row, always laughed at the teacher's jokes and wore a backwards ball cap. (never met anyone else who pulls it off the way he does)
* I broke up with another guy for so I could date him just in case he asked :)
* insisted on shaving his scruff right before he met my mom for the first time
* said "I love you" first and still came around even when my response wasn't the same (yes I was scared to admit it)
* wooed me with song (still does this quite often)
* showed me what love really means
* offered many warm, comforting embraces... it didn't take long before I knew I couldn't live without his hugs
* bought phone card after phone card so he could call me while I lived in Mexico
* caused me to realize I never wanted to date anyone but him for the rest of my life
* helped me set a date and reserve the temple weeks before we told our parents
* married me in the temple for time and all eternity
* whisked me away to experience Alaska and all it's fish-cutting fun as newlyweds
* made forts with me in our first apartment
* has eaten every meal I've made even if they were burned, dry, gross, etc
* encouraged me to finish my stupid 23 credit semester even though at the time I was fine to become a drop out and forget my education
* surprised me with our stroller set the night I finished my ninety-something-th paper for the semester
* bought me gas station nachos at all hours of the night while pregnant
* timed my contractions and jogged with me the night Michael was born
* set our son in my arms for the first time
* continues to dazzle me with his humor
* remembers little things that mean a lot
* convinces me to take a bath late at night just so he can give me a back rub
* plays rock-paper-scissors with me for who will teach the primary lesson that week
* makes me smile daily
* comforts me and makes EVERYTHING better
* is such a good daddy
* makes yummy eggs every weekend
* works hard to make our house a home
* honors his priesthood and cares for his family
* tucks me in at night when he has to stay up studying
* has a strong testimony of the gospel
* loves me

I could go on and on probably making you bored but I'll spare you any more lovey dovey info.

Bottom line: I love him more today than I ever thought possible. It's been an unforgettable 3 years.


May 2, 2007

6 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Amy said...

You went to Alaska? You're cool. (Not that I doubted that.....)

I craved gas station nachos too. I told Josh we shouldn't have bought a house so close to maverik if he didn't want to buy me nachos every day. :D

Kim said...

Congrats!

The Halls said...

That was very cute!!! Congrats!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! May 2nd sure is the best day for that!!!

Abbie said...

Sweetest post ever!!! Love you guys and Happy Anniversary :)

Malerie said...

aw mimi...I'm so glad you are happy. You and steve couldnt' be more perfect for each other. Hope your day was great...just like every other day of married life:)

Love you two!