I realize you are anxious to get out of school. SO AM I!! If you could be so kind as to not irritate me for the next 20 days of school I would so appreciate it.
Your ready-to-pull-my-hair-out teacher
Dear caramel popcorn,
Thank you for getting me through the day today. Your goodness makes me happy.
Love, the fat Monica within me
Dear Steve's finals,
Thank you for ending today. I'm thrilled to see you go. We won't miss you one bit! Good riddance!
Sincerely, the wife who misses her hubby
Dear Weather,
Why are you freezing today? And what was all that wind about two days ago? Thanks to you, I had to pull in my front mat, my wreath, and my front porch chairs. You've broken my birdhouse twice! (But thanks to that maybe now I have a better reason to put it in the house even though Steve swears everyone knows they're for outside.) Please warm up so I can enjoy the sun and blow bubbles outside with Michael.
-the girl who angrily wore long sleeves and a coat today
Dear Michael,
Please stop waking up in the morning before Mommy leaves. As much as I love to see your freaky hair and hug you tight, I hate hearing you cry as I leave. It breaks my heart. Just enjoy your peaceful dreams and save both our emotions. Only 20 more days baby.
Love, your mommy who's also a teacher but likes being a mommy 1,000,000 times better
Dear bathroon,
I know you feel abandoned. I can see it every time I walk in. Don't worry... I promise I'll clean you soon and you'll be sparkly and fresh. Oh and if you could figure things out with the shower head/hose that'd be great. I don't like how the water has all the sudden started leaking from somewhere! If things don't straighten up, she'll be replaced.
From: the clean freak who somehow isn't a clean freak anymore
Dear Howie,
Please don't leave us for Texas. I promise I'll call you more and I'll even finish that pillow, do your grocery shopping, be there in the morning when you come home from work alone and are scared, and anything else you hate. I'll even stop calling you "Howie" in public if you'd like. I know you're a supportive wife but c'mon can't Chris find out a way to become a doctor online or something? Ugh med school... so overrated. :) You know I'm teasing but I'm going to miss you lots and lots, sis!!
Love, your whiney sister (also co-writer/performer of the "I luv eggs" song)
Dear Steve,
Thank you for watching Avatar with me last night even though you'd watched it 4 nights previous when I was there but fell asleep instead. Sorry you think I'm narcoleptic. Who knows... maybe I am :) I promise I'll try extra hard not to fall asleep on dates once school gets out.
Yours truly, your tired wife
Dear camera,
Thank you for capturing special moments in my life. You've become one of my favorite purse items. Here are some of my recent faves:
Love, the oh-so-amateur photographer
Dear blog readers,
Please leave me a comment. They really make me happy :)
Love, Emily the sporadic blogger
8 comments:
Dear Amazing mother, crazy school teacher, sweet sister and oh yeah narcoleptic; I love reading your blogs. You are so creative and it makes me smile, cry and laugh to read your thoughts. Its amazing how much you say that I would just "kinko dat" but your words sound so much betta. Your amazing and I love your updates, good job and keep them comin.
Well put Mim's. Love your updates and I love that they are becoming more frequent!!! P.S. I have yet to hear "I love eggs" song/performance. Please oblige sometime in the near future :) Love ya
Dear Fellow Teacher--
I totally feel the same way!
Em,
I have re-covered three lamps now and am itching to do more... you're going to love it!
I just need excuses to buy lamps... maybe if I sell them afterwards, huh?
So yes, call me if you have questions or send me a message. I'd be happy to help. Oh. and I am excited to go to the park with you guys this summer.
First off Mimi your blog made me cry! I love reading your blog though they always give me a good laugh. The pictures are adorable! I miss you guys so much already! Please don't let Michael forget me! :(
Second off to lighten things up .... Abs the I love eggs song goes like this, "I love eggs from my head down to my leeeeeeegs. They have cholesterol in them. They have cholesterol in them, THAT MAKES YOU FAT!!!" Me and Emily composed that beauty in the Shopko parking lot. :)
your cute ems!!! we need to play more in the summer...!!
Dear ems,
cute cute!! we need to play more in the summer!!!
the "i love eggs" song...i need to hear that!!
Dear Felix, You are one amazing person. I love your blog and hearing how everything is going. You will always have a special place in my heart. Love Oscar
Post a Comment