Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holiday Highlights


To start off, Steve and I were introduced to the wonderful life of "Lost" the week before Christmas break. We were immediately addicted. Night after night we stayed up till 3 or 4 AM watching just one more episode. I think there have only been a handful of nights since then that we haven't stayed up watching it. Ridiculous, right? We're now halfway through Season 5 and slowing down so we're ready just in time for Season 6 in February.

Christmas Break was a total breath of fresh air. I forget how much I love being home and doing "home" things. For example, I loved decorating my house. Steve was such a great sport. He knew I wanted to get decorations up so one night after dinner, he surprised me by pulling out all our boxes. We then proceeded to "garnish" our house till 12:30. What a sweetie! I'm sure as far as he was concerned, a box of candy canes sitting on our table would've sufficed.
(Thanks to my decorator side-kick, the doll cabinet does display Steve's debut of "The 3 Nutcracker Hos". He combined my HO HO HO blocks with my 3 nutcrackers. Oh how I love him!)


I also made Almond Roca for the very first time. This is one of my all-time favorite treats so I took the plunge and luckily, for everyone, it turned out great. (Everyone being me, Steve, and my gift-receiving neighbors.) Christmas time brought on the joy of visiting Santa at the mall (well joy for everyone but the actual knee-sitter himself). We enjoyed our break by doing a lot of relaxing and playing.No Michael isn't hanging over our laundry hamper. Instead Steve found it hilarious to stuff Michael's jammies with dirty clothes and stage the scene for me to find. I've since found similar things caught under our couch, hanging out of the wash machine, and the toilet. Not so funny at first glance.

Giving or Receiving?
We've all heard the Christmas song about the very best time of Christmas... "it's the presents you give away." I don't know... something to that affect. Anyway, this year, I might disagree. Two days before Christmas, a "very good at tricking me" husband took his "very gullible" wife out to run some errands. An hour later this same husband convinced that same wife they needed to return home in fear that an upset stomach might get the best of him. (TMI? Sorry) The wife ran up the steps hurrying to open the door for the (what she thought) very sick husband only to enter the house and find...



a piano



Tears were shed, hugs were given, and music was played. Thanks to that husband (who in reality wasn't sick one bit) and my sweet Grammy, I now have a piano in my home!! Yay!


We spent Christmas Eve with both families. First with the Moore family eating a delicious dinner, sharing stories and trading ornaments, presenting somewhat of a nativity, and opening new jammies. Michael graduated from puking sheep (last year) to a turban-wearing wiseman. (Thanks daddy for your mad turban-wrapping skills.)
(playing with the video camera)
(after the video camera was taken away)

Our second Christmas Eve celebration was at the Esplins. We read the traditional "Christmas Orange" story (this year while wearing the broken 3D glasses?) and doing our gift exchange.


Christmas Day was so much fun especially with Michael. He's at such a fun age... everything excites him. Picture Highlights:



We also went to family parties after Christmas where Michael was another wiseman. This time with a more realistic wiseman hat from Israel. He stood up there all by himself and waved to us waiting for all the big kids to say their parts. Such a proud parent moment! He's growing way too fast!!

New Years Eve was spent with Steve's family and cousin's from Colorado. Fun was had by all. Steve lit firecrackers and such with the cousins and graced us again with his trombone skills leftover from junior high band. Michael loved hanging out with whoever would sit and read books with him. He still is loving books and mommy definitely loves that!!


Overall Christmas Break was wonderful! I love the holidays and are sad they're over but I'm excited for spring time and warm weather. Oh, in January we took a quick trip to St. George for a 5 generation picture so stay tuned and maybe someday I'll post about that too.

(Sorry the pics are random and kind of break up the post. Maybe eventually someone will get sick of it and will teach me how to post pictures correctly. I'm hopeful...)

5 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

How fun! My husband and I love Lost! We have a Netflix account and we rewatched all 5 seasons! I am so excited for Feb. 2

The Halls said...

The Halls love Lost! We are so happy that you are hooked! We're suppose to be going to the IMAX to watch in on Ground Hogs day if we don't I say we have a Lost party!

I love all your pictures and that is so cute of your husband to surprise you! Surprises are so fun i'm glad he tricked you, every girl deserves it now and then. :)

As far as the blogging goes if you have any questions at all ask away. I get paid to help people blog which is why I blog a ton. I'm trying to stop. So how about you teach me to not blog as much and I'll teach you to become addicted....

Sorry for the long comment. One more thing before I end my speech. We went to Shoots finally and it is now one of my favorite places, I'm sooooo happy they have boba! I hope we can find time to go to lunch soon!

Abbie said...

Love the update!!! Maybe I should get working on my own. Your inspiring me..... k not really ;) your hubby cracks me up!! Love him and love you guys!!!!!

Malerie said...

A Piano!!!! I think I am one who understands just how much having your very own means to you. What a great guy that Steve is!

Your holidays sounded wonderful. You deserve it all. You are an incredible example to me. I can't imagine working as hard as you do....in everything; not just work, but being a mother, decorator, wife, homemaker....you are amazing.

Just so you know....it's official; we are moving back!! Our house goes on the market the first of Feb. Hopefully we'll be there in July. I'd love to get the chance to get together often. Oh how I have missed your friendship!

B said...

I almost started bawling reading your post. Last time I saw Michael in real life was really not that long ago, but you were holding him and he was tiny and Jax is right now but in the not-too-distant future he'll be standing surrounded by other kids waving....
I digress. I just am freaking out abut my buddy growing up, that's all.