Today I'm grateful for Cinnamon Toast Crunch--which just might be the best cereal ever made.
Today I'm grateful for technologically advanced things like ultrasounds. Only 3 days until we find out if we're having a "boy baby" or a "girl baby", as Michael says.
Today I'm grateful for stages. Lots of things kids do are really funny... for a time. Sometimes I think Michael will never grow out of a certain stage (example: chewing on his blanket at night) until one day I realize that stage is long gone.
Today I'm grateful for memories. I've been blessed with a pretty good memory where I remember dates and events and even silly things like old student ID numbers and locker combos from a long time ago. (A good memory except at the current time because pregnancy brain has kicked in and I'm really struggling with my short term memory. This too shall pass... eventually.) But I have so many great memories of childhood and teen years. It's so fun to think back and remember a particular day or person and reminisce about how things used to be.
Today I'm grateful for nursery. This is where Michael learned about Joseph Smith. The prophet and seer who sacrificed so much restoring the gospel to the earth. Michael obviously has been greatly influenced by this lesson and now insists that we are having a boy baby and his name should be Joseph Smith. (A while ago it was supposedly a girl baby whom we should name John Smith. Apparently he has it straightened out and looks at me like I'm crazy if I mention that name. Good thing we got it on tape.) Did I mention I was grateful for stages? :) Hopefully, this passes before the baby is born if we end up having a boy. If not, Michael might be sorely disappointed when we don't bring home a baby boy named Joseph Smith Esplin.
Today I'm grateful for Steve. He helps me so much and brings me back to reality when I feel like my world is falling apart and I just can't keep the pieces together. And he scrubbed the ugly dingy spot off the carpet. What a hunk :)
Today I'm grateful for the end of daylight savings. Going to church at 830 this morning wasn't as painful knowing we got an extra hour of sleep.
Today I'm grateful for my mom who text us an invite to lunch after church. Steve's probably even more grateful he got to sit down to a table with more food on it than a gallon of milk and a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Thanks, mom, for feeding my family when I'm too tired/lazy to cook anything.
Today I'm grateful for Steve again. Thanks, love, for not agreeing with me saying I'm a bad wife for not fixing Sunday dinner today.
![]() |
| Yum |

1 comment:
Yay I'm so excited to find what you're having!!! Please don't forget to text me. :) I can't believe you're half way there. Cute post! Not sure if I commented on the halloween one but it was DARLING and Michael was the cutest farmer I've ever seen! Loved your cute little prego shirt too. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment