Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Christmas break has been filled with lots of fun, family, and laughter like usual. We've enjoyed every second of it as we've been able to relax, sleep in, and spend time together. Our Christmas celebrations helped remind us of Christ's birth and His life and how important the gospel is in our lives. We also had fun celebrating the magic of Santa and giving and receiving gifts. Christmas came and went so fast but the spirit is still in the air. We're still enjoying every day off we have together. I don't know what we'll do when we actually have to be productive again. Anyway, it was a wonderful first Christmas with our little boy. Here are some of our favorite events:
  • Michael's 1st haircut--he's such a handsome little man
  • Putting up Christmas decorations
  • Michael getting his 1st two teeth
  • Matchy Matchy Christmas jammies
  • Our first annual Moore Nativity featuring our little puking sheep--We cast Michael as the little lamb but he improvised the puking part all on his own. It was hilarious. We're so proud.
  • All 5 sisters playing our violins together
  • Otten Nativity--Michael was baby Jesus but he was too big to fit in the manger. Little chunker!!
  • Exchanging gifts--Thanks to all of those who gave to us! We got spoiled!
  • Christmas day--Started out with me waking up my two boys. I knew if I didn't they'd both probably sleep till 9 or 10 but everyone knows you can't sleep in that long on Christmas! I thought Michael might be ornery but he was just as happy as ever. We opened presents together. Michael got a big Little Tike toy box and some toys and outfits but his favorite gift was probably wrapping paper or his double stuffed Oreos in his stocking. After presents we headed out to Nan and Poppy's house to open presents with everyone. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the gifts! Then we ate a yummy breakfast made by Nana. It was dewicious! After, we went home and got ready and went out to spend the day with Steve's family. There we opened more gifts, ate, and rocked out on Guitar Hero. Fun was had by all. By that evening all of us were exhausted. It was a very Merry Christmas!


The fun hasn't ended though. Today Steve went rabbit hunting with the boys (his cousins came into town last night). Michael and I stayed home to play and get ready for our big party tonight. We can't wait to ring in the New Year! More pictures to come... Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

The Halls said...

Hey it was good to see you the other day at Costco. I'm sad your baby wasn't there I've never seen him! We want to come and see him soon though! He is a big boy! I love the pictures. I just realized your wedding date is May 2! Thats when we are getting married!! We will have to hang out before then, we need more married friends to start hanging out with. Anyway hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Abbie said...

Michael makes me smile every time I see pics of him. Pretty sure he can't get any cuter!!(I know thats not a word) We had so much fun over the holidays I'm glad we got to be together. Love ya

P.S. were you seriously up at 3:30 in the morning commenting on my blog??
P.P.S. DO you have any pics of the boys blowing up frosty on New Years?

Malerie said...

oh, he's not such a little baby anymore. So cute and so much fun. Thanks for posting so many pictures! I love it.